Ghost Writing: Many companies simply need help writing content to better educate their audience and to support with Organic SEO. The following articles were researched and written with appropriate on-page SEO elements. These articles were specifically generically branded to keep the focus upon their brand.
- Kentucky Lake Lock and Dam
- Elk & Bison Prairie
- 5 Ways to Make Your Business Meeting Memorable and Fun
Published Articles: Here are a few articles that I wrote that were published online for public access.
- How Cyber Security is Changing the Web Design Industry (WebProfessionals.org)
- Creating an SSL Deployment Strategy for Your WordPress Website (wpmudev blog)
- What a Hacker Wants from a Small Business Website and How to Defend It (GoldenServicesGroup.com)
Web Copy: I have worked with independent developers, agencies and app developers to help streamline the conversation and track the conversion process. Listed here are a few of the websites that I have specifically written or worked closely with the professional to craft a more clear message.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Charles County – This project started as an in-class development project for a Web Design course I taught at St. Charles Community College; but in 2018, when one of their staff who I trained to support the site internally, left the organization; I took over as key support for communications, graphics, PR and marketing support. Over 90% of the site has been updated to support better conversation with their Members and become a useful tool for their organization.
- Gynecologic Surgery (Dr. Veronikis) – This website is one of 4 that he initially created and remains active. The other 3 were removed either to streamline his branding conversation or to reduce his potential liability in certain communities. I worked with him to create a more user-friendly conversation despite the technical language that remained involved based on the medical industry. I also worked closely with Dr. Veronikis to modify the anatomy images used within the site to better serve his patients and staff in their communications with patients.
Press Releases: Over my career, I have written many press releases that were published in both trade magazines and local newspapers. In addition, I have supported organizations in distributing these items to the media and have helped them achieve mentions in radio announcements and invitations to be part of local news broadcasts. The following includes examples of recent work.
Print/ Media Design: The following are recent examples of branded materials I developed for promotional use by companies in a B2C environment.
- Flier for Basket Ball Program Announcement – Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Charles County asked me to help them create a branded flier to be distributed to youth parents through a program called PeachJar. This program allowed organizations to deliver information directly to the parents of children from specific schools within their service area. This is one of four total created for varied programs offered through their Athletic Programs. Each had the same theme, but each with a unique language to the sport and icon to reflect the actual activity (i.e, Ballet Dancer or Cheerleader).
- Billboard Advertisement – Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Charles County promotes their programs through a few digital billboards managed by the St. Charles County Chamber of Commerce. These Billboards were given specific design size and file structure specifications, but I was given free creative control to create images that promoted the local club within the BGCA National Branding Guidelines.
- Rack Card Design – (Front | Back) America’s Paradise Resort needed a rack card type of promotional tool to place in the brochure racks at the local Tourist Information Centers located through the surrounding national park area to promote awareness of their property. I created this piece in alignment with their brand.
- Video Script Development – I worked with Dr. Susanne Cohen from Rescue Our Kids to refine the language and energy of her presentation to influence better results. She was coming from a corporate perspective and working to develop a product targeted for a parent to potentially review with their child. Her focus on the conversation was very scattered, making it difficult to hold her attention. My contributions focused on a clear, concise conversation with a parent or child caregiver and giving them steps to take to support them in a bullying situation. Video link is unable to be provided until permissions are received from all brands and celebrities involved.
- Branded Graphics – (Header Banner) have developed a variety of branded graphics that were used as social headers for profile pages, as well as event headers, event emails, posting graphics used for general feed updates and PPC ads in both B2B and B2C environments.
- Digital Advertisements – (Governor Mike Parson Fundraiser) In additional to businesses in the area, I was often referred to local and regional representatives running for public office. One organization, the St. Charles County Republican Central Committee, hired my Company to create and manage their website as well as create and manage a digital communication plan specifically designed to increase awareness about Republican activities in the County. I hired a Pre-Legal Student from Missouri State University who was seeking intern opportunities and supervised her activity on this project for college credit. I created a conversational schedule which she executed within strictly approved guidelines of the client. I took necessary steps to be “approved” by Facebook to run political advertisements; as well as create and manage ads for them on an as-needed basis. This Ad is an upcoming ad for a Reception honoring MO Governor Parson to kick off his re-election campaign, targeting the people who identify as “Republican” or “tend to align with conservative values” in the St. Charles County area.
Samples of Operational or Strategic Communication Plans
Due to the competitive nature of most brands, physical examples I have created are often protected by Confidentiality Agreements; however, upon request, I can verbally navigate my thought process to develop such conversations in effort validate my capabilities while honoring these agreements. Additionally, you can read some of my Stories where I share similar situations without disclosing brand names or critical information.